The leading zoos and aquariums of Europe, through the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA) will together with the Arctic Action Team (AAT) and other partners raise awareness and stimulate behaviour change for the conservation of the biodiversity of the two Poles.
What we want to do
- Secure the participation of as many zoos and aquariums in as many countries as possible
- Affect positive behaviour change amongst: zoos, schools and zoo visitors
- Run as near a carbon-neutral campaign as possible
Pull the Plug Progress
Together we will save 17509 kilowatt-hours of electricity.
- Annual greenhouse gas emissions from 2.6 cars
- Co2 emissions of 1385 gallons of gasoline consumed
- Carbon sequestered by 10.1 acres of forest in one year
How you can help
Helping is easy, all we ask is that you pledge to unplug one or more of your electronic devices when they are not in use. This means pulling out the plug once your mobile phone or tablet has finished charging, switching your TV or games console off at the wall rather than leaving it on standby. Together these small changes to our behaviour can have a big impact in minimising wasted electricity and help cut down the carbon emissions contributing to climate change. Don’t delay – pledge to pull the plug today!