The leading zoos and aquariums of Europe, through the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA) will together with Arctic Action Teams (AAT) and other partners raise awareness and stimulate behaviour change for the conservation of the biodiversity of the two Poles.
What we want to do
- Secure the participation of as many zoos and aquariums in as many countries as possible
- Affect positive behaviour change amongst: zoos, schools and zoo visitors
- Run as near a carbon-neutral campaign as possible
- Present a petition calling on world leaders to reduce CO2 emissions to below 350 ppm
Pull the Plug Progress
Together we save 119678 kilowatt-hours of electricity.
- Co2 emissions of 88640 pounds of coal burned
- Co2 emissions of 9286 gallons of gasoline consumed
- Carbon sequestered by 67.6 acres of forest in one year
How you can help
Helping is easy, all we ask is that you pledge to unplug one or more of your electronic devices when they are not in use. This means pulling out the plug once your mobile phone or tablet has finished charging, switching your TV or games console off at the wall rather than leaving it on standby. Together these small changes to our behaviour can have a big impact in minimising wasted electricity and help cut down the carbon emissions contributing to climate change. Don’t delay – pledge to pull the plug today!