In this section of the Pole to Pole website you will find many summaries, facts and figures on the climate change threat to the Arctic region. We aim to summarise the latest and most authroative science in as clear and reader-friendly a way as possible. At the end of every subsection you will find links to further supporting information and other helpful resources. The aim of the Pole to Pole campaign team is to keep this section as up to date as possible.
Helpful web site resources
- Climate Literacy Zoo Education Network (CliZEN)
- Office Hadley Centre
- National Snow and Ice Data Centre (NISDC)
- NOAA: The Essential Principles of Climate Literacy
Helpful video briefings
- Arctic summer sea ice tipping point. 2011 Video briefing featuring Dr’s Ted Scambos, Robbie Macdonald, Don Perovich, Mark Serreze and Vladimir Romanovsky.
- James Hansen: Why I must speak out about climate
- Interview With Professor Peter Wadhams – Climate Change Series
- Major feedbacks of Arctic Global Warming: Peter Carter (2011) Arctic global warming feedback briefing
- Major feedbacks on climate via the cryosphere: AMAP. (2011) Snow, Water, Ice and Permafrost in the Arctic (SWIPA): Climate Change and the Cryosphere. Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP), Oslo, Norway. Xii + 538pp. Chapter 11.1.3; p 11- 14
- NOAA Ocean Acidification – The Other Carbon Dioxide Problem
- Richard Feely – Ocean Acidification: Trouble for Ocean Ecosystems
- Rob Dunbar: The threat of ocean acidification